Sunday 10 December 2006

Butterflies

I've been thinking about butterflies. Have you ever had that feeling when you meet someone and that someone gives you butterflies in your stomach that make you feel sick but in a good way. Its been a while since I've felt like I need to restrain myself from calling someone just to hear the sound of there voice. Kat, Alex and I have been talking recently about the wants of men and women and how things have changed. it is a common misconception that women want relationships and men just want to sleep about, apparently. It seems that with I like the call "Women's Movement 2.0" the wants of men and women have changed. Are men the gender who are looking for relationships and are women happy to have casual sex?

I have not really had a relationship since Dave back in February last year and I'd like to list the things that I miss from him... 1, having him close to me, having my hand on his leg while we lie together on the couch. 2, Knowing that I would have taken a bullet for him. 3, Knowing he doesn't judge on roumer when it comes to me, he wants to get to know me for me. 4, His smell. 5, Knowing he watches me sleeping, endearingly.

I'm quite used to knowing that everyone will expect to hear me moan that I want to get laid, when the truth is I want so much more than that. I have clocked up an shambles of one night stand record, because I enjoy sex, but I can easily admit that one night stands are so mechanical, there is no good sex with you are just getting yourself off.

Have you ever been in a relationship where you can't wait to talk to your friends about the person you are seeing? I've always put my friends above myself and any relationship I've been in and I have felt dropped when others who are close to me are suddenly not around once they get in a relationship and I guess this is because I have never really fallen in love and wanted to put a single person on a pedestal.

One thing I have come to learn is that love, like fairies cannot be found, there is no point going to look for it, because love will find you. I guess what I am trying to say I hope that Love finds me.

And I can feel the butterflies.

No comments: