Sunday 31 December 2006

....and so it ends.

A year of deception, heartbreak, change and resolution comes to an end. Rather than focus on the negative I thought I'd round off another year focusing on the things that I am thankful for.
I am so grateful that I have reaffirmed my friendships with my friends from School; Lisa, Dominic, Chris and Jenni. You're all wonderful.
Getting to know my brother Barry better.
Living with Matt Bland and Dave Bryer. You guys are the best
Writing Sex with Friends
Meeting Kat
coming to Manchester, and the great friends I have made in the short time I am here
Loosing weight and feeling better about my appearance
Emma. Yes, Emma. Without her actions, I would never of moved away and stopped being a talker and started becoming a doer. The whirlwind of events forced me to change my life.
Jane Womack. For believing in me
Steven Brown. He needs no introduction.

Yes, 2006 has been the worst year of my life, and I have the scars to prove it. But through the darkness, I have been lucky enough to have a few people who have been there, and in 2007, I'm not even going to rely on luck. Because one thing I have learned is the only person you can rely on is yourself. And self belief plays a big part in it.


Favourite Films of 2006, in no particular order:

Jarhead
Children of Men
Hard Candy
Capote
The Departed

And to round off the year, here are the lyrics to Next Year by Jamie Cullum

Next year, things are gonna change
Gonna drink less beer, and start all over again
Gonna read more books, gonna keep up with the news
Gonna learn how to cook, spend less money on shoes
I'll pay my bills on time,and file my mail away, everyday
Only drink the finest wine,and call my Gran every Sunday

Resolutions, baby they come and go
Will I do any of these things? The answers probably no
If there's one thing I must do, despite my greatest fears
I'm gonna say to you, I felt all of these years
Next Year
Next Year

I'm gonna tell you how I feel
I'm gonna tell you how I feel

Resolutions, baby they come and go
Will I do any of these things? The answers probably no
If there's one thing I must do, despite my greatest fears
I'm gonna say to you, I felt all of these years
Next Year
Next Year


HAPPY NEW YEAR. I WISH A WONDERFUL 2007 TO YOU ALL.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Umn, welcome to my blog! Grey's Anatomy is very great. You should rent it and get caught up in it. Besides, Patrick Demphsey is really hot.

Matt Janovic said...

Kind regards from this Geezer, mate, nice personal blog. Manchester, what a place of legend, wow. What's this with little English schoolgirls beating the crap out of eachother? I keep hearing it's a problem in the UK, little-girl gangs. Where you gonna travel?