Monday 5 February 2007

Film Review: Little Children (2006)

Kate Winslet has just given the performance of a lifetime. (and forget that Titanic bollocks)
I have literally been blown away by a film called 'Little Children'. The film unravelled like a ribbon with one of the best screenplays ever.
Now, I've had this film sitting on my hard drive for ages now and it's taken me ages to want to watch it, and I have no idea why! It's fucking marvellous. It's so deep and complex, heartbreaking and with a narrator speaking in the third person, it's like being told a piece of classic literature.
Characters stem from so many different backgrounds, from the desperate housewives, the neighbourhood paedophile, the lonely stay at home mother and father, the oblivious children and the mother who's love in unconditional.
Expertly directed by Todd Philips, who's previous film In The Bedroom, I also really liked, I do think if you want to see a film with a structure that keeps you wanting more, then see this. Because trust me, I'm going to find a copy of the screenplay, because the writing is just brilliant.

No comments: