Wednesday 10 January 2007

We Found A Way

It's been ages since I've written in this blog and so much has been going on I can't even begin to put it all together. Touch Down has come a step closer to completion with us locking down our final location thanks to the lovely people at BUPA. Tomorrow the cast meet for a rehearsal before we shoot on the 24th, and today Mike and I came up with the name for our production company over coffee, Findaway Films, this will be the banner under which work which is produced by us will come under. Meeting Mike and the director of photography and seeing how they are bringing this too life is literally a dream come true for me. Things have been a little stressful, I've got through a range of emotions that have literally been tearing me apart and I've even been close to tears, not because of the film and the opportunity, I've felt torn between this and my responsibilities. Kat and I are moving at the end of the month and I can't even think about it. We're trying to raise some more cash and I have been lucky enough to get sponsorship from Vladavar vodka.
I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but I have been told that I have been doing a brilliant job. I have exceeded Mike's expectations as a producer and with my attitude he has told me, rather firmly "you will get more work from this" Now the film is coming together I can also see that it is going to be really good. Gritty and hardhitting, I hope that it will get the recognition it deserves when it comes to entering it into film festivals such as Sundance, Raindance, Cannes etc...

... to be honest, I didn't even have time to write this... back to work!!!

Love you all x x x x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey, great blog, nice to hear you so positive! Keep us all updated!
xx