Thursday 25 January 2007

Touch Down Goes Into Production: Day One!

Today started Manically!
The crew piled into my house for 11/11.30; when meeting dozens of people I had been conversing with through email and on the phone, I found myself locked outside my own building as I helped Steven find a car which was sitting right in front of me.
We got the the first location a little after 12 and due to sound issues it took 2 hours to get our first shot! I started feeling the burn as a producer as I felt the shooting schedule for the day was all over the place, but we persevered and got the shot (which was beautiful) we got to Middleton where people were desperate for food which consisted of a hot chili and pizza, provided by Mike's mum; and then onto south, I had a quick stop at home to get two actors showered for the next scene and they set off with Kat while I attempted to tie up some loose ends, where I panicked looking for a piece of paper with some important numbers on... tearing my apartment apart also didn't help as I still haven't found it. I got to the location at 7 and shit my pants as about a quarter of the extras had only arrived, but thanks to some support from the doormen and Kat and Canadian Cat going recruiting for extras we got what we needed and began shooting. We were supposed to be done by 11pm, but I didn't get home to 2am! but everyone was fantastic. I had never seen a professional crew work so well on a film before. hearing Rachel (the first AD) shouting "Lets Reset", "check the gate" and have people come up and ask me questions, which I could actually answer was amazing. The whole day has been an experience I will never forget. I have gone through every emotion in the book, and I have loved every second of it. We are a quarter of the way though and there are still a few things that we need to sort out and they will get sorted -- I am so ecstatic over the whole experience. I have loved EVERY MINUTE!

That's about it for now, I'm going to bed. tomorrow is going to be far easier than today; I hope! and I cannot wait to see the final product, but for me film making is all about the journey from the moment you begin writing with the words "FADE IN:" to the moment the end credits finally say "Cameras and Lenses by Panavision"

My life now has purpose.

No comments: